Wednesday 20 May 2009

Eyelids Get Heavy

may 24 08 102


When I travelled the colourful world before terrorism
I had long eyelashes but I was seeking a Genius's welcome to a new arrival and I kept my eyes open.
People loved me 'cos I looked upon them with a gaze that sought to see the best in them.
And while I travelled from human oasis of paradise and through teeming streets of careless poverty,
I was drawn into towering scenes hinting at revelation.
Now my lashes insist there is nothing to welcome,
unless I stay up all night to meet dewy morning light that transports me to where I should always be.
I'm unfussed by all the bother and mortal immortal,
I know I am where I am at, which is not the UK, (though it is my postal address).
I don't feel tired, but I have used up half a lifetimes energy.
Now I'll compose a tune to cut through nine-to-five
Did I ever meet a genius?

Year of writing: 2004

No comments: